Reading Automatic Transmission Fluid Level

This is pretty basic; sorry for a pretty lame question! I'm trying to check the automatic transmission fluid level. The diagram and instructions in the manual are quite clear. I start the car, move the gearshift throughout the gears, leave it in neutral, and clean the dipstick and reinsert it. Unfortunately, when I pull the dipstick, there is too much fluid along the sides of the dipstick to get a clear reading; the fluid goes above the holes, while the holes themselves are empty. How do you read this?

Reply to
Jay Alperson

Edward Hayes

almost sounds like it could work as good St. Valentine's Day romance advice!!!

Carl

Edward Hayes wrote:

almost sounds like it could work as good St. Valentine's Day romance advice!!!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Well he forgot the part about putting on the emergency brake :P

Reply to
dnoyeB

Reply to
Edward Hayes