Reading ODB2 Codes - 2000 Outback

All,

I would like to obtain a _basic_ setup (hardware & software) that will allow me to read trouble codes. I've googled around a bit, and there are sooo many options and vendors.

I am hoping for a few recommendations to help narrow the field.

Replies will be much appreciated. I am hoping to use my laptop (running MS Windows XP).

Dave.

Reply to
David Hill

I've had good luck with the unit I bought from these people:

Jim Stewart

I'd expect any OBDII scanner to work for your car. If you think you might want to use it on a newer Subaru though, make sure to get one that supports the CAN protocol. Some scanners don't.

Reply to
David