rear speakers for 97 impreza outback

I'm looking to replace the speakers in my car, and I had a few questions about my rear speakers. Crutchfield tells me that I have 4" speakers in the back, which to me seems a little small. I was wondering if there was anyway to increase the size of them to possible 5 1/4" hopefully. Thanks a lot mates!

Reply to
parker w.

In the back _doors_ probably. Mine has 6.1 setup and I think the 6x9s are somewhere in the trunk area. 4.1 would've worked just fine because 4" in the rear doors are probably just not to make it totally obvious to the rear seat occupants they are riding couch. They're pretty useless for the front seat occupants (the rear door speakers, not the kids). Just leave 4"ers where you found them or pluck them out altogether. It's not a bug. It's a feature.

You care too much about in-laws or something?

Reply to
Body Roll

Disregard everything I said. I forgot about the tweeters. There are no mythical 6x9s in wagons. Probably that's why there is a subwoofer on mine. I suggest to ask on rec.audio.car I would imagine people would suggest to pour what you plan to spend on

5 1/4" rears into the better front components.
Reply to
Body Roll

As for the subwoofer:

if you don't have one already Adding a sub will improve sound from both front and rear speakers as you don't have to push the amplifiers as hard to achieve "loud".

Reply to
nobody >