Regarding new Subaru OEM stereos

Has anyone managed to find a replacement solution to the "integrated" stereos on the new Subarus? Like many new cars, they've moved away from the simple rectangular designs that either allowed a drop-in replacement or a mount with an adapter kit. I don't have one of the newer ones, nor do I plan on purchasing one soon, but most of the people in this NG seem pretty resourceful, so I figured at least one of you might've found a way to replace the stereo with an aftermarket unit.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

Although I have not found a replacement I was able to figure out how to get into the dash and add an AMP and 12inch Subwoofers to the car. Now I use the existing head unit, and factory speakers for the mid-high range sound while the AMP pushes the speakers and it now sounds a lot better!

If you need to know how just ask me.

Hallraker wrote:

Reply to
Bar61303