Regular maintenace?

I bought my 02 WRX used when it was at about 17k miles. Now it's about 33k mileage. What maintence should I do? Especially since my warranty will be up soon.

Reply to
Patrick F. Clarin

30k mi service. The little service maintenance schedule in the leather owners manual cover should guide ya the way.

Note that the dealer's notion of 30k mi service is typically a superset of what is actually recommended by the manufacturer.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Not in any civilised country, no . If you have asked for the manufacturer's recommended service than no dealer should do more without asking you first. Neither, if they find a problem on the car, should they carry out the work without quoting you a price and getting your permission. If a dealer carries out work on your car without your permission, you are not required to pay for it.

Seems very strange ot me that so many people seem to have trust issues with their dealerships. I don't do business with people I don't trust. If your dealer gives you cause not to trust him (or her) then walk.

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk

Reply to
David Betts

Agreed. But what you find in a service flier from your dealer may not be so carefully worded as "manufacturer's recommended service."

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

So tell him - in writing if necessary - that you require the manufacturer's recommended service as detailed in the owner's handbook and get him to quote you a price on that basis.

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk

Reply to
David Betts

Reply to
Edward Hayes

At most dealerships, the cost of doing the jobs separately is much greater than getting the 30k mile "special" --- even if you just restrict yourself to the SOA recommended items. That's why they call it a "special". It's cheaper than the sum of its parts and you get all of this other stuff for "free".

The service manager has been around the block a few times. They have all their numbers figured out already.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Chang

I'm not sold on that idea. Look at the specifics of the "special"...often the dealer will ADD things that SOA does not list in the warranty manual. You may very well end up having things done you do not need (or have already recently covered) and have a bill for $300-$600 for the so-called "special".

-KarenM-

Karen Martin