reinstalling a battery

The battery was dead in my 1997 Outback for about 3 months. When a new battery was installed the parking lights started flashing and won?t stop even though I drove the car over 100 miles. How can I stop them from flashing? The last time I removed the battery for awhile the lights flashed for about 10 minutes and quit on their own.

Reply to
davelut

battery was installed the parking lights started flashing and won't stop even though I drove the car over 100 miles. How can I stop them from flashing? The last time I removed the battery for awhile the lights flashed for about 10 minutes and quit on their own.

Maybe dumb response but have you checked switch for flashers? I was embarassed when lights would not shut off after someone worked on car and I had to reset things. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

was installed the parking lights started flashing and won?t stop even though I drove the car over 100 miles. How can I stop them from flashing? The last time I removed the battery for awhile the lights flashed for about 10 minutes and quit on their own.

Dave,

Lock and unlock your car doors with your remote. The flashing light is telling you that the remote system needs to be reset.

Should you not have your door lock remote, look under the driver's side of the dash. Up in the corner formed by the side kick panel and the firewall you should find a button suspended in the wiring harness -- it is near where the harness connects to the remote control assembly, which itself just hangs from the wiring. Push the button to reset.

Ed P

Reply to
Ed P