Relays in Legacy

In the 1993 Legacy, the air con and fan relays are all DENSO 056700-8480. The headlight relays are also the same.

Does anyone know what current these will safely switch? I can't find ANY details anywhere. The heaviest fuse used in the switched side of these appears to be 20A.

Can anyone tell me if theses relays could carry 30 A or more?

Thanks

Dave downunder

Reply to
David

30A is going to be about the max for these, and then only if switching a purely resistive load, ie headlights or driving lights. If you are trying to switch an inductive load such as a motor or solenoid, the rating will be significantly less. Automotive relays _are_ available with ratings up to about 70A (resistive); they will have larger (1/4inch ?) spade lugs. For higher currents and/or inductive loads, you will need to use a heavy-duty contactor of some sort. Hope this is helpful.

ByeBye! S.