remote car starter for 2006 Forester

hi all, i've had my 2006 Forester automatic w/premium package for about a month and winter makes me want a remote car starter. has anyone out there had one put in and was it good? problems? brand? does it effect my warranty? thanks in advance, kurt

Reply to
kurthahn

I was just wondering the same thing about my Outback '02.

June

Reply to
jcz

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1132969509.958155.35870 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

I had a remote starter option installed with the aftermarket Viper alarm system in my '03 Forester shortly after I bought the vehicle. Works great and the only problem I've run into is that occaisionally it doesn't have the range I'd like; but I suspect that has more to do with environment and my position with respect to the receiver than with any kind of design problem. As far as it affecting the warranty, I have had my car into the dealership twice to repair an ignition related defect and the service department never said anything even though there is a big sticker on the rad support warning that a remote start system is installed. Its definitely an option worth spending the money on.

- Snuffy -

Reply to
Mike Bender