remote FOB

I have a 04 Forester and find the remote lock FOB VERY annoying...It opens the driver's door just fine but I find that it is fidgity to open the other doors..I know that you have to hit the blue button twice for all doors but I end up hitting it ten times for it to work. Is it twice in quick succession or once, wait and then again?

Does anyone else find their FOB a pain in the butt?

Reply to
Konyoman

No, mine works fine on my '02 OBW, but maybe your battery is bad.

June

Reply to
jcz

Twice within 2-5 seconds. check your manual. And you likely must be within line of sight closer than 30 ft. Newer remotes seem to have limited range. Supposedly to reduce 'code capture' opportunities for hi-tech thieves.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Mine works, but only at relatively close range compared to most others. Check the battery, it makes a world of difference.

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

must have the old one, I have unlocked my '04 Forester at over 100 feet.

Reply to
R Sweeney