Remote start 02 Impreza

I have a 2002 WRX with factory keylessentry alarm. Is it possible to installed a remote start in 2002?

Reply to
news

Likely, yes. Ask an installer, usually car stereo shops do them. They will know for sure if any conflicts exist.

Stu

news wrote:

Reply to
Stu Hedith

The unit Wal-Mart has for $42.88 will work fine as will probably any other one. TG

Reply to
TG

Only for an automatic transmission model.

Reply to
Ragnar
[posted and mailed]

"news" wrote in news:L0Tvb.279396$Tr4.859563 @attbi_s03:

Not recommended if it's a standard. I was talking to a lady with an '03 Impreza wagon at the gas station asking her how she liked it. She said she loved it when it would start! She's had nothing but problems since she had a remote starter installed. She was currently waiting for a tow truck as she couldn't get it to start. YMMV.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

I think the trick is to pay a lot for a good installation of a good system. Mine has been flawless for over 2 years so far, and I expect that to continue for some time.

I have a Clifford Solaris starter/alarm combo, which cost about $600 CAD installed. It also doubles as a sort of turbo-timer, as you have to leave the car running before arming, to ensure that it's not in gear when it starts up. It seems to have been replaced by the Solaris 5, and the website claims that's for auto vehicles only, but I'm not convinced that's true.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Mason

I have a Bulldog remote starter on my legacy ($45.00). Works great. I have installed 9 of these units on other auts (friends & family), and they all seem to work great. If poprerly installed, I cannot see how a remote starter would cause the auto not to start. If you can wire in a stereo system without a problem, you should be able to put in a remote starter.

Reply to
ken

What about if you have an after market immobilizer security system, does this make installation more difficult??

Reply to
Ryan

I have not had to deal with that problem. I do know that there is a section in the manual that covers this area. You may want to go to there website. I think they have the installation manuals there.

good luck

Reply to
ken