Remove Crankshaft Pulley 1990 Loyale

1990 Loyale 1.8 automatic.

I need to get crankshaft pulley off to remove middle timing belt cover. Which way does bolt turn to loosen ?

Reply to
issjoe

Counter-clockwise. Lock the crankshaft with a pin through the flywheel at the back of the engine block. It can also be done by cranking the engine against a fixed spanner on the pulley nut - great care required with this method!

Reply to
Kim W

There is a "window" in the top of the bellhousing where you can see the timing marks. The are small shallow areas on the clutch housing , but I havn''t seen any area where I could safely.put a pin. Whats the area your refering too?

Reply to
issjoe

I meant to say drive plate, not clutch plate. My Loyale is an automatic trans.

Reply to
issjoe

The manual version I worked on had some holes that you could insert a drill bit into. Have you tried rotating the engine while viewing throught the window?

Reply to
Kim W