Remove Hazard Switch 2003 Legacy

I need to remove my hazard switch on my 2003 Legacy. Is there a trick to getting it out? None of my repair resources (All Data, Subaru shop manual)tell how to do this. I would be satisfied if I knew for sure how to remove the dash trim without breaking something.(another thing not discussed by All Data)

My basic problem is the hazard light function does not work. I bought a "builder" so warranty doesn't figure in. I used the wiring diagrams to troubleshoot to the point that the only thing in question is the switch or the cable running to it.

All Data gives this as a .3 hour job, so you know there must be some trick short of taking the whole dash apart.

Reply to
Lake Nokomis

On the '95 Legacy, you need only remove the panel the switch is connected to. This is done by removing the cupholder between the stereo bezel and the plastic panel containing the hazard switch and the two center vents. Once removed, you can do it the "right" way by taking off the stereo bezel, or you can try to bend it out of the way and the panel will pop off. Obviously the '03 is going to be different, but this might give you a few clues. I had to change the bulb in mine and it was definitely a 10-15 minute job.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker