Removing a frozen on crankshaft on a 2.2 legacy.

I'm trying to replace the crankshaft seal and oil pump o ring on my 98 legacy (2.2). My crankshaft sprocket is frozen on. Normally these just slip off by hand. Nothing for a puller to hook on to as far as I can see.

Any advice for getting the sprocket off? I have tried heat.

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Berbee

Peter Berbee wrote:(clip) Any advice for getting the sprocket off? (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I haven't been into it myself, but, how about welding on a couple of lugs for the puller, and then buying a new sprocket?

Reply to
l.lichtman