Removing dash blank below stereo - 2000 Forester

Hi all. I want to install an amateur radio transceiver in the spot below my Subaru factory stereo. There is a little plastic box (used for collecting junk) occupying this space right now and it seems like it should be easily removable.

Except I can't figure out how to remove it. How do I remove this box without breaking it? If I ever sell the vehicle, I'd like to put it back in.

Anyone?

Reply to
Greg Smith

Greg, The box is attached by brackets on each side of the radio and the dash box. When you remove the radio the box comes out with it. You can then use the brackets to attach the new unit (providing its a standard double-Din).

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo