Removing rear seat??

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to get the back of the rear seat of a 2001 Forester ut - I need the extra space for a trip up to Cape York.

Thanks in anticipation

Roger

Reply to
Roger

Ummmm, it folds down. But if you want to remove it entirely (I'm gonna assume it's similar to the Imprezas) pull the headrests, lay both backs forward, and remove the hardware associated with the pivot points on the outside. I think you have to snap off the plastic covers with a screwdriver blade to get to the screws. The backs will then lift out. The bottom is held in with a patience trying spring clip thingie. You have to push the bottom down and back a bit, and then lift up hard. Hard to explain, but once it's out you'll understand. Reassemble in reverse. This uncovers an expanse of uncarpeted floor with wiring and such exposed. If you plan on loading stuff here lay down a layer or two of scrap carpet for protection, but honestly you'll only gain an extra few inches of depth, and the cargo floor won't be even either. A better bet would be to put excess baggage on the roof rack IMO. Good Luck.

ByeBye! S.