Removing the dashboard

There's a light that burned out behind my speedometer. There's two of them on the speedo, so it's not complete dark. It went out about a year ago, but it's just not a high enough priority for me to bother until now.

So I replaced my turn signal assembly the other day, and found it was incredibly easy to remove the steering column covers and change out the faulty module. The dealership had quoted me about 1.5 hours labour for it, and I got it done in ten or fifteen minutes without ever having done it ever before; saved $150 in labour that way. Today I asked the dealership how much it would cost to replace the light bulb, they quoted labour of less than one hour, something like 0.8 hours in fact. So it seems like this job should be even simpler. I asked them what I need to do get at the bulbs. They said I just needed to remove the dashboard. They say it's held together with just couple of screws. I'd also have to remove the steering column covers partially too, to let the dash out free. Any idea where these dashboard screws are? Are they at the bottom of the dash, or the top, or side?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Don't know what you're driving but there are some detailed manuals at this site:

Site is Russian but manuals are in English.

Reply to
Frank

Oh, sorry, been here so long, thought everybody knew what my car was by now. It's a 2000 OBW.

BTW, can't read that Russian site enough to know where to find the manuals.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Go to Google -> Translate, enter

and choose Russian to English.

Voila!

--ben

Reply to
Ben Jammin

Um, even without, I'd be willing to bet the left-hand side that says "Service-manual Cy6apy" would be a good place to look.... :D

Reply to
Hachiroku