Repair/replacement parts ......expensive?

I'm thinking of buying a Subaru Baja. A friend says that all replacement parts are much, much, more expensive than other cars, especially Nissans.

Is this what most people feel is true??

Reply to
Aloha

I don't know about that, I own a Subaru, a Volkswagen, and two Volvo's. The Subaru is WAY cheaper than the Euro Cars I own.

Jerry

Reply to
jerryeveretts

Actually as an example, on my Outback a brake caliper just started sticking, Auto Zone had it in stock for $44.00, probably just about as cheap as a Disk Brake Caliper gets.

Reply to
jerryeveretts

I wouldn't know., I'm on my third Subaru since 1986 and all are still on the road without "surprise" expensive problems. You want to talk about expensive repair, try BMW, VW, Mazda or a few others.

On a 1990 Legacy I just had the a new clutch, both CV joints, Timing belt, all seals, all filters, all oils (with synthetic), platinum plugs, full tune and cooling system flush and it cost me $2400CDN (about 2000USD).

Two points come to mind in this example. 1.) thats a lot of work for the money, and 2) Many vehicles wouldn't justify that kind of expense on a 16 year old car. These things are superlatively reliable compared to most cars out there.

Reply to
Grolch

Nowadays, ALL parts are expensive.

I do 99% of my own non-warranty repairs. I've recently owned Jeep, Subaru, Nissan, Toyota, and Mazda products. None really seem any more or less expensive than the others.

Reply to
B a r r y

Thanks Group. The positive responses take a small worry off my mind. Sounds like everyone is okay with Subarus.

Reply to
Aloha

Just don't buy a German car and expect the same. A new set of "alloy" lug nuts can send you to the poor house.

Reply to
Sheldon