Replacing instrument light/01 Legacy GT wagon

This is tiny thing, but kind of annoying. The light illuminating the radio station selection burned out in the factory-supplied OEM radio/tape deck of my 2001 Legacy GT wagon. Anybody know how to replace the bulb? I don't see any screws on the tape deck. Is this one of those deals where you have to take out the entire dash just to replace one itty-bitty 1.5 watt bulb?

Or should I just sell the car and get a new one? :)

And while I'm at it, is there any way to attach a trailer hitch to the Legacy GT? The dealer says it's not possible with a factory hitch, because of the way the rear bumper covers the rear chassis. Would love to be able to pull a small boat trailer, if I can figure out how to attach a hitch. tks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Go to another dealer, he's BSing you. I had a 90GT wagon and now have a

02 GT wagon and tow bars on each. The one on the 90 I bought from the dealer and fitted my self. Piece of cake.

bugalugs

Reply to
Bugalugs

I THINK I recall reading some bumper plastic needs to be trimmed away for hitch install. Try emailing Jamie through

.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

If it's like mine, yes, sigh...

Looks like a Hidden Hitch will fit, see

Ralph E Lindberg

I'm not sure what year the OP's Legacy is; but take a gander at

nobody