Report: Subaru ending Tribeca production in January?

The writing has been on the wall for some time, but it seems that Subaru is finally pulling the lever on the guillotine to put the midsize Tribeca crossover out of its misery. Jalopnik has what appears to be a communication from Subaru to its dealers announcing that the final Tribeca will roll off the Lafayette, IN assembly line in January, with the last dealer delivery expected to occur the following month. The last report we heard regarding the Tribeca said that Subaru could be planning a full... Read More:

----------------------------------- Subaru NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

Yup, it's very hard to see any other Tribecas on the road besides mine. It's too bad, but really ever since the Outback was upsized, I think the Tribeca's days were numbered. There was too much overlap between the Outback and Tribeca. It's not got great fuel economy either, but I assume that the Outback with the same 6-cyl engine would have the exact same issue, but at least with the Outback, you can order a 4-cyl too.

I see an awful lot of Hyundai Santa Fe's on the road, and it looks like the Tribeca and Santa Fe are equal in terms of size. What Subaru really needs is a larger SUV than the Tribeca, so that it doesn't overlap with the Outback or Forester. The new Forester has been upsized too, and it's now getting into the same size league as the Tribeca. Cannibalism from all around.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

I agree. 7 or 8 seater might sell in some markets (but probably not in the US of A). I would prefer to see sliding doors to the hinged I_have_tons_of_space_in_the_parking_lot

Reply to
isquat

I would've also loved to have seen either backup sonar, or a backup camera, as this thing is almost impossible to see anything in behind.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

While my son was stationed in Iraq in 2008 he saved his money to buy an SUV. He let me handle the details as he had never purchased a car before. We went back-and-forth as to what to get and he settled on the Tribeca based on my suggestion. We also found a demo 2008 Limited for an excellent price. The only caveat I warned him about was the fuel economy but we went ahead. I've always like the Tribeca. If the fuel economy was better I'd get one but we just ordered a new Forester. My son's Tribeca has served him very well with the exception of the driver's side headlights needing replacement a few times and he has clocked over 100,000 miles on it.

Reply to
PAS