REQ advice: Skid plates for Outback?

I've bashed up the 2mm-thick crappy plastic "guarding" the engine/transmission of my outback. I see advertisements for 3rd party skid plates to cover this region -- can anyone here recommend skid plates?

This last weekend I managed to nail the heatshield on my exhaust system with a rock, pushing it onto the drive shaft. I can't see how a skid plate would help that problem, but is there a sturdier cover for the exhaust?

The tech at the service place took one look under my car, and started trying to sell me on the new outbacks with 9" clearance. I don't need 1.7 " more clearance; I need skid plates or softer rocks.

Reply to
H.W. Stockman

Was that Findlay Subaru by any chance?

Reply to
QX

Yes -- you must be omniscient!

They kept suggesting I replace the 2mm plastic crap, and I said, "Why? It will only get torn up again."

Reply to
H.W. Stockman