Retractable Luggage Cover for 2000 Legacy Outback Wagon?

Hi all:

A ten-cent plastic part in my daughter's 2000 Legacy Outback wagon retractable luggage cover has self-destructed, so Subaru ('natch) wants me to buy the complete cover for something around $200.

Can anybody tell me the year range of models to look for in the junkyards for luggage covers that will work with her 2000 vehicle?

TIA.

Tom Young

Reply to
TomYoung

don't forget ebay. I got a coupla used accessories for my WRX there.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

From what little interior "cruising" I've done at the pull-a-parters,

2000 thru 2004 fullsize Soob wagons have the same roller. They probably want to sell it as a complete unit. I assume you know how to take it apart, so get one that's ripped/etc to cut costs.

It could be worth looking at the 95-99s, especially if you have the 2000 there to test-fit.

Reply to
nobody >

I might check ebay or craigs list for that.

I hate that thing (it never worked quite right, and I live in a low-crime area that makes it a pointless waste of space).

You might find others who feel the same that would let the entire unit go for a case of beer or something. (Ok, maybe wine or wine coolers...)

Reply to
.._..

I have 1 each from a 98 OB I leased and returned and from my 99 OB. I never use them.

I'll give one to you for the price of shipping from Albany, NY. (You'll have to find out if they fit, but I'm optimistic.)

Ben

Reply to
Uncle Ben

Reply to
Charlie

Ben:

I did a "Reply to author" to your post but haven't heard back. I know I do all my Usenet postings via a Yahoo account I never look at because it's always full of spam and I'm thinking your situation might be similar?

I'd like to take you up on your offer, so if you're still willing to part with one of your cargo covers please dig through your email account and we can work out the details.

Thanks.

Tom Young

Reply to
TomYoung

I sent you an address via your yahoo acct, Tom. If we can connect offline, I'm wiling to do the deal.

Reply to
Uncle Ben

Tom, I found your email and will comply.

Ben

Reply to
Uncle Ben

replying to TomYoung, alexandroid wrote: Tom, could you please confirm whether 98/99 trunk cover fit your 2000 Outback?

Reply to
alexandroid

I wouldn't get my hopes up about someone still reading this group eight years after he last posted. Would be better to try email.

Reply to
Patty Winter