retrofit cruise control

My '94 Legacy came to me without cruise control. I've been wondering how practical/difficult/expensive adding either Subaru or aftermarket cruise control might be.

Any thoughts?

Phil

'94 Legacy, very basic

Reply to
Phil Andrus

try and find a dealer for Autronics cruise controls... They are Australian made, but fit inside the steering wheel rim, much the same as the OEM... very good unit...

Signatures² into your Preferences folder.

Reply to
Andrew Morris

I'd say to try and find out the part number for the OEM kit. I found it for my MY97 Impreza on the web for about $35 and installed it in about 4 hours.

Signatures² into your Preferences folder.

Reply to
Shamus in CO

I installed one on my Ford truck. Easy if you are handy. I'm sure an auto repair place would do it. The more expensive ones replace the levers itself. Others just clamp on the steering wheel lever but are priced less. Also depends on make/models of cars available. Mine worked fine for 6 years.

Signatures² into your Preferences folder.

Reply to
Mike B.

You may not find one, sadly, though. I asked for the cruise control kit for my 91 Loyale, and they said it had been discontinued. . then again, you may have a better chance, your model being a Legacy.

Best of luck to you!

--Decimal Cat

Reply to
Decimal Cat