roof rack for 05 forester

i have a 2005 forester with a factory roof rack. i would like to get a solid system for transporting mountain bikes and snowboards. i like what i've seen in thule's and yakima's. i don't think i have a preference between the two.

can anyone tell me how i figure out what hardware i need to mount these rack systems to my factory crossbars?

thanks,

Reply to
newman

Thule & yak both sell carriers that will mount to factory xbars. Rocky Mounts probably does too. If you want to carry a cargo box on the roof, better to use thule or yak xbars--they're stiffer.

I prefer to carry bikes on a hitch rack, and boards inside.

Reply to
David