Routine WRX Injector Cleaning

Drive a 2003 WRX with about 9000 miles on it.

Looking for reccomendations on:

Periodically adding cleaner to gasoline. What frequency ( before every oil change) ?

Any particular brand cleaners to avoid ( incompatibility with fuel system, etc)?

Can it potentially screw up turbo, engine sensors or ECU?

Is it worth doing to keep my WRX running strong?

Thanks for your help.

SubbieG

Reply to
George Nagle

I'm not a big believer in 'mechanic in a can'-type stuff. But I have heard from sources I trust that the Techron (in the black bottle) actually has the ability to help keep injectors clean. I got no idea if it really works but I throw a bottle in my cars a couple times a year. YMMV Carl

1 Lucky Texan

George Nagle wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

What's worked for me is using a quality gas with cleaner additives such as Chevron at least every other fillup and putting in an injector cleaner/water grabber once a year, usually in the fall.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Reply to
Edward Hayes