running lights

have a 98 outback with a new, weird problem. The running lights won't turn off. The light switch won't turn them off, turning off the key won't work. Have to pull the fuse to get them off. Any ideas on where to look?

Reply to
brad

on top of your steering column you will find the Subarau 'virgin' switch. Now you are an adult!

;^)

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

LOL - I had the same problem on my 2000 Forester. Was on hold to Subaru when I started reading the manual and found the pesky little switch!

Reply to
sapper

Do you have a switch on top of the steering column behind the wheel?

Reply to
Phil

Thanks, I feel like an idjit. only had the car for 8 years and never, ever used that switch. at least I'm not pulling fuses now.

Reply to
brad

It happened to me too after bodyshop repair. I called them to say lights would not go off and they knew solution to problem. Frank

Reply to
Frank

I'd look for the nearest Subaru dealer. They would be the experts for this sort of thing.

Reply to
NissanSalesRep