Seat belt buzzer

On clubwrx.net there is a thread on how to stop the seat belt buzzer. Check it out.

20 times in and out in 30 secs works like a charm. To turn it back on take the negative post of the battery for 30 secs. It work on my STi and read it works on all scoobies
Reply to
shaun

Woked on both of mine. You get half dozen chimes - not continuous.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote in news:fDD6h.10537$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

Cool!! Do you have to do this each time you get in the car, or just once and it keeps working until you reset it with the battery?

Dee

Reply to
Dee

once

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thanks for posting this.

I tried it yesterday and it only worked temporarily. I'm hoping that my second attempt this morning will "stick". Seemed to work before I shut off the car, but we'll see when I get back in the car later today.

That seat belt chime is probably the biggest annoyance thus far with my new Soob.

/Still kinda weird saying that I own a Soob since I swore I'd never own one again approx. 13 years ago.

Reply to
G-Ride

No Problem guys I am glad it worked for you. On mine I put the Key in the on position. Did 20 clicks in 30secs, started the engine and since then the seat belt buzzer is gone. PS where your seat belt. I did this so when I was working or cleaning my car the buzzer would shutup

Reply to
shaun

What does it mean: "take the negative post of the battery"?

Reply to
Uncle Ben

'off' I guess. Remove the negative battery cable terminal from the neg. post of the battery. It is a way to 'reset' vatious e;ectronic items on the car. It MAY cause you to lose the station presets on the radio and possibly put the ECU back to default 'factory map' setting. Though usually that would require disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan