Sedan-Wagon Swap

All- I love my 2005 WRX (manual trans) sedan but am really wanting a wagon.... Do the wagon people like theirs? My 27" just barely won't fit in the front, rear, or trunk of my car... and the dog doesn't do well in the small rear seat and I think the wagon is the way to go. I want to see about trading my car in at the dealership for a similar (or perhaps even an '04) WRX wagon...

What are your thoughts? I don't want to go 2006 because it'll cost a lot more and I believe it has integrated stereo and besides, I can probably get a better deal on the 2005 if it's new and left.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

......and if I went with the 92-x Aero, would almost any Subaru bolt-on part (engine and suspension I mean) be the same? I have an exhaust system I would pull from the WRX and put onto the Saab....

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

I love my wagon. You can't beat the look on the muscle-car guys' faces when you smoke them down the 1/4 mile.

Reply to
gpatmac

Other than aesthetics (in the eye of the beholder), there is no real downside to the wagon. It handles and rides as well as the sedan, and is just as quiet.

I am single, and before I took this job 3.5 months ago, I never thought I would want a wagon. But, Subaru has done a brilliant job on both the Impreza and Legacy/Outback wagons. The sunroof on the Legacy/Outbacks is almost like being in a convertible, but with much less buffeting and noise from the wind. You can have a normal conversation with it open, thanks to the built-in, pop-up deflector.

Marc Sindell Twin City Subaru Sales Montpelier, Vermont

Reply to
marcus153

Mike Lloyd scribbled:

I love my Soobie wagon and, well, I say forget Saab and stick with the original...

Reply to
MK IV

too bad all my local dealers are out of MY05 Saabs and Subarus -- new and used... there goes the dream.. damn dog will just have to run along side!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Lloyd