Service Program - Engine Cooling System Conditioner

Did anybody receive this letter yet? Or is this old news to some of you?

Reply to
RankAndFile

I haven't received it yet, but it sounds like great news!

-Kurt

RankAndFile wrote:

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

Reply to
Shrek

I had the front gasket leak on my 2000 Legacy GT Sedan. Fortunately the dealership took care of it in October under waranty. I'll share these wise words from a mechanic I met in Greencastle, Indiana:

"When was the last time that a chemical in a bottle FIXED a problem in a car, it might delay the inevitable, but at best, it's a work around."

Reply to
Joaquin J. Rosario

Hear Hear! -- let's call a spade a spade. Truer words have never been spoken -- and all those other old adages.

As for the other poor fella who is so happy that his Sube (the unaffectionate term here, rhymes with Rube) is getting a new head; either as a result of or direct cause of, a bad head gasket -- Who are you kidding....

Not me.

-Chris

Reply to
ChrisP

Actually my glee was about not having to pay for any of the repair at 97k miles.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

While the magic elixir may not do anything, the extension of the warranty to 8 years 100k miles for a known point of failure is good news to me.

-Kurt

Joaqu> I had the front gasket leak on my 2000 Legacy GT Sedan. Fortunately the

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

I have not received the letter but I checked my account at MySubaru.com and there was a prominent notice that my vehicle needs the additive and to visit my dealer ASAP. No leak is apparent but I'm only at 15k.

'02 ForesterS

BoB

Reply to
BoB

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I just launched a website

dedicated togathering and presenting information on the head gasket and coolant leaksin the 1999 - 2002 Subaru?s. We?re looking for people to tell us abouttheir problems with the 2.5 L engines and gaskets and whether theycontinue to experience problems after the conditioner 'fix'.

Reply to
webguy