Shakes when letting off gas at higher speeds

I have a 94 legacy. Recently about 5% of time when I let off the gas the engine will shake pretty badly. I dont get right back into the gas I let it coast a few seconds and then back into the gas and it is fine. It doesnt do this all the time only a few times a week. I think I need to replace my EGR valve for another problem with loseing power. I pull over when I feel I am loseing power it runs rough for a min and then it is fine and I can drive it no prob, Any ideas on these two probs?

Reply to
volleybiggs

Does it idle smoothly? I'm wondering if at that age your car could use a throttlebody cleaning. I think that can clear up some problems with the IACV which meters air when the throttle is closed. Do you get a check engine light? (saw your other post, I'll certainly investigatemy EGR valve)

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

It is possible that an engine mount point is broken? A decelerating engine would apply pressure on a forward mount point, but that mount point may not be under too much pressure when accelerating.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

All those are great ideas. I will have a look at the ideas. It does idle smooth always and it only loses power very seldom but when it does and I pull over it runs rough but then straightens out. Thanks for the ideas!

Reply to
volleybiggs