Sheepskin seat cover? Beads?

I'm just crazy about our brand new Forester. We'd been considering the XS, but the only ones (AT) left were X's or LL Bean. We chose the LL Bean, and I've been surprised by how hot and sticky the leather can feel. I've been even more surprised that I can't find any sheepskin seat covers locally--and that the ones I'd like, that don't cover the whole seat, are $149 each online.

So...two things. Where should I be looking for these? (and do they go by a different name?) and...what about the wood bead ones? Will the beads make permanent marks in the leather?

--Heidi

Reply to
hfw

Can you get one off a Taxi driver? ;-)

Reply to
RockyRoad

Well, that's the thing. I figure if they feel good to taxi drivers, they should feel good to me. But the taxi driver probably doesn't have to worry about what marks they might leave in leather seats..

--Heidi

Reply to
hfw

They probably would make marks. Leather stretches. But why do you care?

Also, why did you get leather if you don't want it next to your skin or clothes?

Reply to
Tom Reingold

FWIW, even though they cost some bucks, real sheepskin seat covers are the bomb. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer, they work great.

I've even seen them installed in brand new Boeing 777 flight deck seats.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge