Shifter lamp replacement: '95 Subaru Legacy

Although I am easily able to access the housing surrounding the automatic shifter in which the lamp is located, it appears that the shift arm must be removed in order to remove the housing containing the bulb. That is, although the housing can now be lifted up an inch or so, I cannot get to the bulb socket under it. It would appear that removing the shift arm would allow the housing to be turned over, thus providing access to the lamp assembly. If this is true, does simply removing the two screws on either side of the arm (at 9:00 and 3:00 o'clock) allow removal? Inasmuch as I do not know the internal construction of this mechanism, I am reluctant to attempt removal without assurance that I am not creating a serious problem. In advance, I thank you for your assistance.

CommunityWeb and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.autos.subaru - 32082 messages and counting!##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Humorist