Shifting 1994 Impreza

HI,

I just got my first manual car, and i was wonderign about shifting points. I dont have a tach, so everythign is by feel. Im not sure which points to shift at. I got a new intake for it, so its gets really loud, and its hard to tell when im giving it too much.

Does anyone have any advice on when to shift for best pwerformance/ gas milage. Thanks, alex

Reply to
A Doc

Sounds like a troll but here goes anyway.

Doesn't matter if it's loud. Don't go by volume. Go by pitch and the feel of the vibration you will feel in the accelerator pedal and shift lever.

Reply to
pickle

Oh yeah.. The best shift you can make is OUT of a Subaru. Cut your losses now before its too late.

Possible remedy: but a brick on the accelerator, and when the engine dissasembles itself on your driveway, take the insurance mony and get a real car.

Sorry, I can't help myself.

Reply to
Peter Johnston

What insurance company are you with? I gotta have some of that if it insures again engine blowup due to overrevving. It would be a company to say away from because of high rates. That type of destruction takes a 6 year old to determine the reason why. ;-)

Not all owners of automobiles, in general, have degrees/certificates in engine mechanics. We have other activies of great interest TO US! Nothing wrong with it if you've the apitude and patience. I don't, my career is electronics and computer programming. I can read an octal dump all day long looking for a programming bug, but get boared to tears pulling an engine more than once!

Thinking back over my 65 years of driving the ONLY vehicle I've not had trouble with was my 1945 Cushman motor scooter! At age 12 I ground the valves to make it "go faster" and didn't clean off the grinding compound. Fastest scooter in Miami, FL, for another 2 years! ;-)

Don

Peter Johnst>

Reply to
Don.

AKA Dr. Rastus?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Nope....it's ANOTHER person that thinks Subaru's are cheap cheap cheap....

Reply to
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

No, I think they're two different trolls. Their grammar and writing style are too different. And Dr. Rastis strikes me as far too stupid to be an alter ego for Mr. Johnston.

- Greg Reed

--

1983 Honda V45 Magna 2001 Chevy Astro AWD (wife's) 2004 Subaru Forester Turbo 5-Speed

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

Reply to
Ignignokt