Short Throw Shifter

These just look to add to much more fun. How easy is this to install? I've got a '02 WRX.

Reply to
Patrick F. Clarin

The Subaru (STI?) shifter is a complete assembly, and installs in about 30 minutes with basic hand tools (10, 12, 14mm wrench and socket, phillips screwdriver, jack and jackstands), altho you do have to slide underneath to access a couple fasteners. Shortens the shifter throw by about 30%, and makes gear selection in the Rex feel more like a sports car than a pickup truck. A switch to Redline fluid in the box will do wonders, too; you will simply be amazed.

ByeBye! S.

Edward Hayes

I believe you're confusing a Short Shifter with a Short Throw Shifter.

The STI is a true Short THROW shifter. It shortens the THROW and ONLY the throw. This adds no difficulty what so ever.

Then there are the cheap little th>You may want to drive a car with a short shifter before deciding. I

Reply to
JaySee

Hi, Yup, shorter stick or short throw shift assembly. I installed Sti shift assembly onto my boy's Impreza. Decrease in throw is not equal between all 6 slots. But over all, shorter than original assembly. Also I replaced bushing with harder Teflon one. Not a difficult job but you'll have to crawl under the car. Tony

JaySee wrote:

Reply to
Tony Hwang