Sirius in the New Subarus

Has anybody picked up one of the new Subaru's with the Sirius kit? I am interested in knowing what the kit includes and how it hooks in. I already have a Sirius unit mounted in my 02 wrx and I am working out the details for a new 07. An information/pictures would be appreciated. I haven't found anything online that is too informative and the salesmen...well they are salesman and sadly, they have no idea what they are selling.

Reply to
Anonymous

I don't know anything about Sirius in Subarus. My wife's new Tribeca came with XM built in.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Perry

I have the official Sirius option installed in my '07 Forester X Premium. It uses the SIGMA antenna, which is inside the glass and virtually invisible from the outside. The factory radio also controls the satellite receiver. No wires, no black pimples.

Reply to
David

It's not very big. I never notice it unless I look at it and when I consider the alternative is something attached to the roof I smile.

Reply to
David

David wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

But an antenna on the roof will probably work better in marginal situations, like on a strret wit a tree canopy.

Reply to
Larry Weil

Verified.. My aftermarket Sirius head unit came with two antennas, on little one to sit up on the dashboard and the "roof zit". The little one was about worthless on tree-lined streets. I now have the roof zit mounted and ya know... it doesn't look all that bad.

This was a Kenwood HU, but the antenna came in a Sirius bag. It's about

3" in diameter and about a half-inch thick in the middle. It fir between the sunroof and the windshield just fine, the little rubber channel brings the coax down to the windshield gasket and the wire routes thru the flap of the gasket down to the fender/door gap where it snakes into the interior.
Reply to
nobody >

Perhaps. Not an issue in North L.A. County.

Reply to
David