Someone gave me a hint of a leak around the water pump, 1989 1.8

A few months ago when I was tracing an 'overheating' problem (I think the radiator was the culprit) someone mentioned a leak that develops somewhere around the water pump.

I appear to be getting some leaking from this area.

However, when I was taking things apart to get to the oil pump, I may have loosened something I shouldn't. I'll have a look tomorrow or Tuesday to see if this is the case.

...I hope I don't have to take the whole damn thing apart again...

Reply to
Hachiroku

That large metal tube topside of the pump is just a press fit with an O-ring. Often times it will develop a leak there. New O-ring and that problem is solved.

Reply to
johninky

But...that's what you told me about the oil pump!! ;)

I don'y knkow if the gasket stopped the clacking, because it doesn't do it in warmer weather...

Thanks for the response, though! I'll have a look this afternoon.

Reply to
Hachiroku