Spark Plug Gap

I can't find the gapping in the manual for the plugs for a 2002 Outback 2.5 liter 4 cylinder. The older manual's used to have them. Thanks Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Edward Hayes

Thanks, the manual lists champion & NGK. Champion's are in there now and they are the original. Are NGK any better?

Reply to
Jeff

I'd say yes. I personally believe NGK uses better quality materials - especially the ceramics. The parent company is primarily a ceramics company. Some Champion plugs don't use nickel-plated threads, although I suspect you factory original Champions do.

NGK's V-Power center electrode is a non-gimmicky feature. It's supposed to reduce ignition voltage requirements and doesn't cost more than their non-V-power plugs. The recommended part # (BKR6E-11) seems to indicate a nominal 1.1 mm gap.

I know they're not OEM spec, but you might even try a standard Denso plug (K20PR-U11).

Reply to
y_p_w

Thanks I've used NGK before in my Toyota and 95 Outback, never had a problem can't say they preformed better or not. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff