Steering wheel shimmy

I've got a 2003 Forester with only 2000 miles on it and I'm noticing a slight steering wheel shimmy, especially when applying the brakes at highway speeds. Any ideas what the possible causes could be on such a new car?

Thanks in advance.

Howard

Reply to
Howard Weiss

Edward Hayes

One of the theories posted here before on things that make people think their rotors are warped when maybe they really aren't is inconsistent or spotty filming of pad material onto the rotors, and that that is one of the main purposes of the bedding in process (i.e. to give an even coating of pad material). I would be interested to know, Eddie, if you think that is the explanation (vs. rust) of why what you do works in aituation in which many people (including myself) would automatically (and perhaps incorrectly) assume was warped rotors?

Bill Putney