Stereo Upgrade Guides for IMPREZA

Hi,

Does anybody know of any guides for upgrading the stereo system in a MY03 IMPREZA? In particular, how to remove panels etc etc etc.?

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Tony Hwang

Check out that thread, then check out the the rest of that topic folder. Angel is really helpful guy, so anything you can't find in an existing thread just ask him. That is an Australian site so there may be differences in model years.

Reply to
Ross E.

Ausome they are very handy.

Anything about removing the dash panel area to get into the head unit?

Reply to
Andrew

On my 04 WRX, it was easy enough..

Extend cupholder and remove two exposed screws.

I pulled cupholder clear from it's slot (ease up the small tab on underside) but I don't recall if that was absolutely necessary.

Trim ring around radio/HVAC stuff is held with series of compression clips. Gently lift it up starting at area below cupholder and work your way around. Knobs on HVAC and air intake don't need to be removed.

The OEM WRX radio/CD/tape unit is held with six screws, all visible looking in past front panel.

While you're in there, you can detach the HVAC control and remove the small brass screw holding a microswitch on the right side, and defeat the "A/C with defrost" feature (can always push the A/C button if you want it with defrost).

Steve

Reply to
CompUser