STi or WRX? any recomendations?

BTW; my information here is most likely incorrect. I will let everyone know if I experience anything like this in my STi. :)

Reply to
k. ote.

performance

[snip]

[massive snip]

Thanks for the most comprehensive real-world review I've seen to date. It has (for good or bad) turned me firmly away from the STi. I personally want Subaru to make a Legacy GT coupe--and that doesn't look like a McJapanese car.

-John

Reply to
Generic

If you drive them side-by-side, I will promise you, if you have the money, you WILL buy the STi. Even if you don't have the money you will find a way to buy it! For two cars that have similar names they have almost nothing in common. The STi has way more fun factor than the WRX but is less suited to old bones like mine for a daily driver. And my wife hated it.

SilverFXT "Hey you just got smoked by an SUV!"

Reply to
SilverFXT (was BlueSTi)

We'll see. For all I know it could be faster now, although he rarely launches it hard. I can't find the email message, but he recently dynod it at 400whp or more on racing gas, and some high manifold pressure (don't know what 400whp translates to in terms of 1/4 mile potential on a WRX wagon), and somewhere in the 300s on pump gas, lower manifold pressure.

He's a very bright guy and a talented tuner. I doubt it will have the longevity of a chevy V8, but I'm sure it's a good example of a built Subaru. And it will probably be for sale this Spring, as he's moving overseas...

Reply to
David

I'm actually leaning more toward GTs like the similarly priced Infiniti G35 Coupe. Just can't imagine liking either the WRX or STi as a daily driver. It's nice to have a car with 300HP and be able to enjoy a 300 mile trip with it.

-John

Reply to
Generic

I seriously considered the Legacy GT. But, I was put off by it's looks. There is just something about it I don't like. The styling just didn't cut it for me. But, I agree, it is a good compromise between comfort and performance.