STi powered ATV

Hi, while browsing "boxer engine video (history)" found this :-):

alf

That would have to belong in the "cute and useless" file.

No rollbar, no body, tires only suited to paved roads. The only off-road activity shown was doing some spinouts on grass.

I'd be much more impressed if he'd put the engine in an airplaine.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

An ATV doesn't have role protection or any body.

tires only suited to paved roads.

With proper tyres, no wheelspin, and that amount of grunt he would have shot straight out the end of that paddock.

I'll admit that would be a much better use for that engine, but that requires buying a plane, *a lot* of certification, plus licences; and regulation, and inspections, and, and, and.

Now if you happen to have an old ATV in the shed, and some welding gear............

Still bloody useless. :)

Reply to
bugalugs