STI rear strut mount weakness

I've had an '05 US STi for 3 years with about 37,000 realatively easy miles on it. So far I have replaced the rear strut mounts twice (at Subaru's expense, of course). The first time they replaced both rear struts, too.

It's making that noise again that suggests I have another broken strut mount back there.

Dies anyone know if this is a known weakness in the car's design, or am I just having bad luck?

Has anyone in the group had the same problem?

Is there anything else in the suspension that I should have them check which might be out of alignment or broken that could be causing the rear stut mounts to fail repeatedly?

Thanks for your comments!

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

Hi, Replacing sway bar/sway bar links with metal one, bushings, and install tower brace bar. Upgrade struts with better one like Koni, Bilstein.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
bigjimpack