STi Tire comparison: Bridg 070's to BFG KDW2

It's time for the first tire change on my 05 STi! Has anyone tried the BF Goodrich KDW2's on an STi and can compare the performance to the stock Bridgstone RE070's?

Please let me know how things went!

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

What you really want is the Firestone Watersports aka F1 GS-D3 or, if you have a lot of dough a set Yoko ADVANs. On the economy side of the equation Ecsta MX works pretty well for me though it breaks up a bit abruptly on wet.

There was a comparo of max perf summers in C&D a couple issues back but I can't find the article on their site anymore. 11th place finish for my Ecstas :(

Reply to
Body Roll

I just put a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s on my STi and love them although they are expensive. You might want to check out the tire forum on NASIOC web site. Lots of folks give their experiences. Jim

Reply to
Jim Sanchez