STI tires

Hi guys,

Just put a down payment on an '07 STI Limited. It comes with those summer racing tires. I will probably never use them (will put on hi-perf all- seasons). Do you guys think I would have trouble selling these? Or should I ask the dealer to give me some sort of credit?

Thanks, Dee

Reply to
Dee

Dig around or post over at

- folks over there are always trading up, converting, modding etc. You'll probably get some idea what they're worth, etc.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

You shouldn't have much of a problem. A lot of us who have STIs replace the RE070s with another set (they are an awesome tire) and a good deal is something I would go for.

Reply to
JD

Whats a good all weather tire? And a good snow tire?

Reply to
shaun

Snow tire: I'm happy with my Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2's. I hardly have enough experience with snow tires to really tell them from others, though. (At least, you can look out for the mountain+snowflake symbol.)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark T.B. Carroll

I just bought some Nokian WRs for my car. We had sleet/snow a couple of days ago and they were fabulous.

Reply to
Rebecca B.

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote in news:CLr6h.2294$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

Thanks, Carl, I'll take a look at nasioc.com.

Dee

Reply to
Dee

i second the vote on nokian wrs.very happy with them

Reply to
dgde

Toyo are the best snow tires I have had for the STI

Reply to
JD

WR's are great winter tires for an STI however absolute rubbish for warm weather on an ultra high performance car.

The great ultra-high performance all-seasons are Bridgestone RE960a/s(unknown though in snow since came out last spring), Michelin Pilot Sport A/S(excellent all around tire with decent mild snow/winter capability), and Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S (poor winter capability however incredible otherwise).

Look at NASIOC.com for comm> i second the vote on nokian wrs.very happy with them

Reply to
RamiJundi

Good all weather tires exist in the commercials of tire companies and imaginations of insolent teens. In the real world if all weather includes

100F+ summer and 32F- winter a tire would suck in one situation or another. Guaranteed.
Reply to
Body Roll

I forgot to add that the November 2006 Consumer Reports apparently has a tire review.

Reply to
Rebecca B.

Good post. If I lived in 'snow country' I would have snow tires. The BEST all season tire cannot touch the performance/safety of the WORST dedicated snow tire.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I live in snow country. You couldn't be more right. Same with summers. The best all-season will never perform as well as a good summer on hot or wet pavement either.

Reply to
JD