Stupid window washer question

On my old Loyale had two reservoirs for fluid; one for the back and one for the front. I can't find anything about the rear washer in the manual for my '97 Outback, except how to turn it on. Is the reservoir under the hood for both front and rear washers? Or is there a separate one for the rear that I can't find?

Thanks

Sheldon snipped-for-privacy@sopris.net

Reply to
Sheldon

I only Legacy cars but assume the Outbacks are similar. Open the rear door and there should be a plastic cap you pull out that is in the groove for the door. Because of the recessed position of the fill hole after removing the plug, you might want to get a funnel unless you are very steady at pouring out and down from a gallon jug.

Reply to
Vanguard

Hi, Check your main windscreen washer tank. On my two Outbacks the main windscreen tank has two pumps with the rear washer being the higher one. The pumps are about the size of a

35mm film container.

This arrangement gives you an early warning system in that when the rear washer gets no water the tank is almost empty. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Allan

Reply to
Allan Sheppard

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my 97 outback has one tank. My front washer isn't working, and the hose on the hood isn't clogged. How do I test it? Can I just stick a jumper wire on it? or are modern cars to delicate and finicky?

Nils

Reply to
synthius2002