Subaru 2004 Forrester break problem/ alignment and cruise control

I bought my 2004 Forrester a month and a half ago and I have noticed three problems with her.

1) alignment problem 2) cruise control activating alone 3) I was driving my car when I stepped on the break the car did not stop, the break just went to the floor and it did not do anything; causing a collision with two other cars. I had no control of the vehicle it did not respond in any way. It is in the dealer and all they can say is that nothing is wrong. But I read that these cars have this common problem... I was with my baby! I hate my car now!

Anyone has had this problem?

Reply to
yvonne301

This was probably caused when the vehicle was in transit. Your dealer should realign the car at no cost to you.

The dealer should be able to locate and correct this problem.

Brakes don't fail for no reason on a new car. Something is wrong. I would first suspect a master cylinder or air and/or water in the brake system.

Is there another Subaru dealership near you? Your current dealer doesn't seem to have his act together.

Have you contacted Subaru USA? You should.

But I read that these cars have this common problem... I

Reply to
Subbies Two

Reply to
BOB HOLLOWAY [ UK].

Yes my service book in updated and all in order. Now subaru of america is sending two mechanics and an engineer. and they even offered me a car without me asking for one. What does this tell you?

Reply to
yvonne301

Hi Yvonne,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I must say that I've had nothing like that with my '04 Forrester. I think that the only complaints that I have with mine would be:

  1. Cruse control De-activates. In truth this only happened three times, all on the same trip when towing a light trailer... (Probably should not have been using the CC anyway.

  1. Rear wiper arm broke off when I shut the hatch. (This I expect was probably an over tightening of the nut that holds it on, stressing the plastic in the arm.)

I hope that things do go better for you.

Cheers, Michael

Reply to
Lord Drool Rockworm