Subaru Forester Heater Problems

I have a '98 Subaru Forester. When I switch 'modes' on the heater/vent/AC (the switch that determines where the air will blow out

- towards your feet, straight at you, on th ewindshield) the air continues to blow from where it was already blowing. It won't divert the air to the vent that I've switched to, until I shut down the fan (turn it to the off position). I believe my mode control cable is loose. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Reply to
kpekoz