Subaru Forester suspension noise or what?

My 2006 2.5x auto has been been plagued by an intermittent noise coming from the front passenger wheel area that occurs when backing up (when car has been parked a while) , going over speed bumps & irregular surfaces and often when applying the brakes. The dealer has inspected the suspension and they replaced the control arm bushing and the brake pads with no luck. A Subaru rep said the noises I'm hearing are being caused by the brake pads moving around in the caliper due to normal play in the rotor. He suspected an Axle nut was loose and contributing to the rotor movement so it was changed but the noise persists. To me it seems the noises are coming from a lack of lubrication. The other day we had dry winds so the humidity was low and the problem was magnified 10 fold. Below is how the rep described the problem.

"as demonstrated when you were there the rotor can move slightly on the hub and or the brake pads can rock in the caliper, this is especially true when moving from forward to reverse. The movement is a normal function of the assembly of the vehicle,"

I have provided links below to a WAV and a MP3 file of a couple recordings I made. Once you hear me say "there" you have heard the noise. The first recording was made when the car is cold as I 'm backing it out of the garage. My garage is level but the driveway is slanted so it almost always pop's there. Any help with a diagnosis would be greatly appreciated. I have posted before on this forum w/ same problem but didn't have the recordings so this may help. Hopefully I'm not the only Subaru owner with this problem but I might be.

Here is another recording as I was driving over uneven pavement.

2006 x Auto
Reply to
theskarnes

Your links are broken. Try using something that doesnt include three dots in a row. (Most web servers will puke on that URL)

Is it a grinding type noise? Squeak type? Thunk type? What?

Reply to
.._..

LINKS SHOULD WORK NOW. SORRY ABOUT THAT