Subaru Legacy GTB 1996 twin turbo

My car is running very rick and blowing black smoke every so oftern. Could it be the Air Flow Control just after the air fliter that needs changing and if so any where i can find one cheap

Reply to
MRahme

Some more information might help? What is the mileage on the engine? I assume (since you have a GTB twin turbo) that you drive it hard? Did this condition start suddenly? or was it a gradual transition? Notable events?

Reply to
Juhan Leemet

The car has done 70,000 kms. It started suddenly. I had Subaru dealer diagnose it and computer said it was the Air flow control just after the air filter. i had already changed the oxygen scensor.

Reply to
MRahme

The car has done 70,000 knms and it stated about four months ago. the oil is fine and i have changed the oxygen secsor but a little better. their is a lot of carbon deposit and the smoke is black not grey. the car has of course been driven hard at times but not all the time say 15%. subaru dealer diagnosed the car and said its was the Air Flow Control just after the air filter. i was told i could clean it and so sprayed it with WD40. still no better

Reply to
MRahme