Subaru Loyale 91

hi, im look for information Subaru Loyale car, 91 year, 1.6. Thanks

Reply to
Alejandro FV.

The model has a history of fairly serious engine problems at a "young" age, problems I gather were due to bad design. I owned a 90 year model that's nearly identical to this, and had to have the engine rebuilt at 120,000 miles. Other owners have reported similar issues in various forums.

I'm a long-time Subaru owner (on my third now), and I had no similar problems with the Subaru I owned before that one. (An '83 GL that lasted to 165,000 miles before a drunk ran into it while it was parked and totaled it.)

I'd recommend looking at a different model. Subaru has built some wonderful cars, but this was not one of their more successful models. Unless you can get the car *very* well vetted by a competent mechanic, I'd recommend buying an older model year GL (1987 or 1988, perhaps?), or looking at a Legacy.

-- Catherine Hampton Home Page * The SpamBouncer *

(Please use this address for replies -- the address in my header is a spam trap.)

Reply to
Catherine Hampton

Ridiculous. The 1.8L in the loyale is the same FI engine in an 87, 88, or 89 GL/DL subaru. Other than oil leaks from the valve cover gaskets - which is easily fixed - the engine should easily outlive the rest of the car with nothing other than routine oil changes.

Please cite the information source for "a history of fairly serious engine problems"

Reply to
Rat

That's news to me...

My '90 is reaching the end of its first engine's useful life, at 355,000 miles. Hasn't even been apart for head gaskets as far as I can tell. Are you thinking the EA-82 engine in general, or the turbo model (which did have some early head problems, later fixed AFAIK.) Most of those I see in the junkyard when I'm looking of oddball bits that are too expensive from the dealer have 150k miles and better... and then they're crashed!

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

what!!!, i have Loyale 91 and look for more information this car. thanks...

Reply to
Alejandro FV.

hi rick, my Loyale i have 200.000 km.

Reply to