Subaru Outback Wagon cooling system leak Engine overheating

Well, I guess if you can get the head gasket done on warranty/recall, the service people will be able to tell if more damage was done.

You said you had it towed when the overheat happened. How far would you say you drove it before you noticed the problem? I am willing to bet the engine is ok. The head will probably need to be reworked when they do the gasket. The big problem with the job is not pulling the head, but the fact that I believe the engine has to be removed to do the work.

Reply to
Henry Paul

I would. But I would call them first and explain the situation to them.

Reply to
Henry Paul

And you had a... Cavalier? Not to mention the Explorer twin, the Mountaineer? Not only am I surprised you're still alive, but able to afford a computer after owning a Cavalier. ;) I could tell you some Cavalier stories alright. A friend of mine stubbornly sank about $20,000 into a $10,000 Cavalier.

Sounds like you've got a lemon, specifically in the electrical department. Although I have light dimming problems myself, I think that it is somehow related to the huge ass amp I have bolted to the rear seatback. ;)

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

It's called planned obsolescence. They want you to buy another vehicle. That's one of the reasons for the periodic full updates and yearly refreshening of vehicles. Even though my '95 Outback is flawless in most non-cosmetic ways, I get the urge to buy a new one whenever I see a newer model drive by. Were they to still have the old '95-era body style, I can assure you the desire for a newer one would be much, much less.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

Thank you. Finally someone who can see where I was coming from. I know this has been a big thing with computers for years. Intel is really bad about this with their processor speeds.

Reply to
Henry Paul

If you can't have a good stereo, the car is not worth driving! :)

Reply to
Henry Paul

My heater controle (slider) in not woking (no blower) replace the thermal sensor in the air box. any tips how to remove the controle fron the dash? Regards IAN

Reply to
Sir D